?

Log in

Shadowrun Online's Journal
 
[Most Recent Entries] [Calendar View] [Friends]

Below are the 16 most recent journal entries recorded in Shadowrun Online's LiveJournal:

Tuesday, August 14th, 2007
3:33 pm
[incyr]
...wake up, sleepyhead!...
The FCb rumbles through the checkpoint, and Klick brings it to a stop when indicated. The security team knocks on the door loudly, loud enough to "wake up" Elsevier.

The rest of the team skirts the two guards, and approaches the compound.

Layout:

The main road is a 4 lane highway, divided into two separate roads - one for each direction. At the security checkpoint they run directly north/south. The team approaches from the west - the side of the impound. The impound yard is about 50 ft. wide (e-w) by 150 ft. long (n-s). It's surrounded on 3 sides by 6 ft. high chain linked fence, with the fourth side (east) open to the road. There are 4 guards patrolling the parimeter - the 2 you just passed by, and then one each at the northern and southern ends of the compound.

Inside the northern end of the compound there's about 10 feet of grass before two parking spaces for either patrol vehicles or impounded cars - there's currently one of each, with the patrol car in the northern most spot. Just south of the parking spaces is about 10 more feet of grass, and then the tall security checkpoint.

The check point is about 20 feet high, with another 10 feet of enclosed walkway ontop of it, and runs about 20 feet down the highway. It crosses from the impound building to the offices on the eastern side of the highway, with concrete pillars that completely fill the medians beneath the checkpoint, leaving only the roadways passing beneath it. At each lane of the highway there's a 2 man patrol team to inspect each vehicle.

Starting about halfway down the side of the checkpoint, the impound building runs about 100 feet north-south, ending about 10 feet before the southern edge of the chain linked fence. It's 2 stories high, and there are few windows, and no lights inside, at least not that you can see from the outside. The building is a flat top, with stairs running from somewhere inside of it to the walkway atop the check point.

The offices on the other side are 3 stories high, with the walkway entering the offices directly. There are only a few lights on in this building, and you can see a few officers out front of it on a smoke break.

Friday, August 3rd, 2007
12:10 pm
[incyr]
...did you hear something?...
At Klick's yelling, both Blick and Keith start momentarily, until they see that the guards a head of them truly don't hear a thing. Heading off after Keith, they move away from the guards.

Elsevier continues to enjoy the lush seats of the FCB.
Thursday, August 2nd, 2007
10:01 am
[incyr]
...these aren't the droids you're looking for...
Klick, Blick and Keith make their way towards the checkpoint. It takes roughly 10 minutes to get there, but the entire journey is cloaked in silence, almost unsettlingly so. As they approach the checkpoint, they start to see guards. 2 immediately ahead, not really paying attention, lost in conversation with one another. Further away, through the bushes and the trees, the group can see at least 3 more patrolling in various locations. They don't look all that attentive, nor do they look more than adequately trained.

Back at the FCB, Elsevier settles into one of the seats, and concentrates on keeping the group stealthed. Every so often communication passes between her and Klick, general status updates.

(On another note, starting today I'm on vacation until the end of next week. Between my blackberry and laptop I'll still stay active, and plan on continuing the once-a-day posts, in addition to continuing to being on G-Chat to answer questions and what not. However, posts won't be quite as regularly timed as they have been, so please check back here often.)
Wednesday, August 1st, 2007
1:37 pm
[incyr]
...met a wolf in the woods...
Klickitat brings you just a bit closer to the security checkpoint, and then stops the FCB, idling it roughly. Keith and Blick hop out, checking what little gear they have and stretching - getting ready for battle.

Klickitat stays behind for a second to show Elsevier how to control the vehicle in the case of emergency. He also points out that he can act as the comm-link between Elsevier and the party on foot. He then hops out and joins Blick and Keith in getting ready to head out on foot.

Elsevier looks out the cabin of the FCB and waves her hands and says a bit of mumbo-jumbo. In turn, each of you sense the world go a bit quieter, as if someone had put on a pair of ear plugs (Stealth: Force 3). She then shuts the door and collapses into one of the seats, the continued spell casting having taken a small toll on her.
Tuesday, July 31st, 2007
10:30 am
[incyr]
...hi ho Silver!...
The group walks away from Mr. Johnson and out of the bar. Klickitat's Ford Canada Bison idles outside of the door, waiting to pick them up, a light covering of snow already layering the vehicle, despite the mere moments it's been waiting.

The group piles in and Klickitat speeds off in the direction of the security post.

After about 10 minutes later, you can barely spot the lights of the security post (where your stuff is) off in the distance. Immediately to the north of you, paralleling your route, you can see cars on the major highway that drives through the security check point. From the looks of the road you're on, it'll merge with the highway about half a mile before the checkpoint.
Monday, July 30th, 2007
8:46 am
[incyr]
...well then, let's go...
Mr. Johnson looks over at Blick, and wonders what, exactly, is so fascinating on the TV in the bar. He seemed to be willing to go earlier though, so Johnson doesn't think he'll mind getting paid on top of it.

"Well then, here's a credstick with 5k on it - that's the 5%. You'll get the rest when you arrive back here, alive, with proof that the run is complete." He tosses a credstick onto the table, not really caring what happens to it now.

"Alright, so here's the deal. Your stuff is being held at a security check point about 15 miles down the road from here. Klick, I believe you're familiar with the station I'm talking about. They don't usually deal with stuff like this, so there's minimal security. In about 3 hours, however, they're planning a transfer of the stuff, so you need to do this ASAP, before the transfer team arrives." He pulls out a small map. "Here are the buildings in the compound. Your stuff is being held here," he points at a building on the map.

"Any questions?"
Friday, July 27th, 2007
8:25 am
[incyr]
Posting Questions...
So now that I've got everything straightened out as far as timing, I'm going to continue to try and post every day before noon. As I have been, I'm going to keep the posts fairly short, and am not expecting more than a few sentences from you guys in response, which I hope allows you guys to continue to post daily.

My main question is, do we want to keep this going over weekends? Do we want a single post over the weekend? Do we just want to make this a monday-friday thing? What's your guys' opinions on that? I know I usually am not online NEARLY as much on the weekends, but I'll be happy to keep things going if you guys would like me to...
8:15 am
[incyr]
...Money, it's a crime...
Mr. Johnson looks at the Orc for a good long minute, and then says, "Our reputation... will be dealt with, regardless of the outcome of this meeting. However, you have a point about the contract. So my offer is this - 5% now, with an additional 10% upon completion of the run, elimination of "the problem", and acceptance of a subsequent run. That 10% will be, of course, in addition to the payment of the next run. Is that acceptable?"
Thursday, July 26th, 2007
12:21 pm
[incyr]
...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...
Mr. Johnson watches as his water glass rises above him, and starts to drip water on him. He sighs.

"Why is it only one of you seems to understand how this is going to play out?" he asks, nodding at Blick. He them presses his wrist, you assume its a button of some sort, and before you can move your eyes away from the action, a shot rings out.

The glass explodes, and the force of the bullet pushes it just far enough into the center of the table that it manages to spray everyone in a shower of water and glass. As you look up, Mr. Johnson is already drying himself off with a hankerchief. You don't see any napkins anywhere.

"Now, I was trying to be kind here, but it looks like you guys are not interested in being reasonable. I don't have to tell you where your stuff is, and frankly, if you kill me, I can assure you you won't walk out of here alive." He nods at the fragments of the shattered glass. "I understand that this is a troubling scenerio - I've already explained it's not how we would like it to go either. We're prepared to help you with this, but I'm only going to give you one last chance to reach an agreement. Do you want to take the small, but generous offer, or do you want to get your stuff back?"
Wednesday, July 25th, 2007
3:48 pm
[incyr]
...so about that job...
Mr. Johnson points at a chair, indicating to Keith he should sit. After everyone is seated, he puts his hands on the table in front of him, slowly. "I had commissioned you four to do a job in two nights. The job, however, has... changed. We had arranged for all your materials to be shipped there in a private shipment, so as to get around some of the... security." He takes a drink of water.

"Unfortunately our... contact at one of the subsequent security check points felt he got a better deal from someone else. Your materials are now in impound. The security there is light, but they'll be moved tomorrow to a more secure facility." He takes another drink of water, while watching everyone's reactions from behind the sunglasses.

"If there's nothing anyone truly needs in that shipment, then you are free to go home, and we'll pay you a small sum for your troubles. However, if you decide that you would prefer to get your items back, well, I'll be happy to show you were you can find them." He pulls his hands back into his lap at this.

Note: In the shipment was most everything everyone usually used for jobs. 2 of Klickit's Drones, all of Keith's gear & Katana, Blick's Katana & larger guns, Elsevier's gun (with focus) & monofiliment whip. I.e. you want to go get your stuff back.
Tuesday, July 24th, 2007
2:57 pm
[incyr]
And then he said...
Mr. Johnson motions the orc to a seat, and says, curtly, "We're expecting more. I might have to ask you to fetch one of them for me, if you'd be so kind," nodding in the direction of the bar, although the emphasis he puts on might indicates he's not ready for that action just yet.
Monday, July 23rd, 2007
2:17 pm
[incyr]
4 guys walk into a bar...
Mr. Johnson, 'cause it's always Mr. Johnson, told you that the bar was on the outskirts of town. By outskirts you thought he meant outskirts, not way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere. It cost you just over 30 nuyen just to get a taxi to the damn place, and that's only because he didn't feel like arguing with you.

The ladies on the stage are nice - mostly human, 'cause who wants to look at a troll stripper? I mean, are there even troll strippers around? I guess maybe trolls would want to look at troll strippers, but... well.. anyway. One of the chicks is elvish and you wonder what happened to her to make her have to go into stripping. I mean, usually elves are fairly well off, right?

The bartender is the only person in the place that seemed happy to see you, and given the fact that there are 7 people in the bar, including you, you can understand why.

One of those 7 is Mr. Johnson. He's sitting at a back table, like all the stereotypes.

You don't know anyone else in the bar.

Edit: Some background info -

The current call from Mr. Johnson was highly irregular. He had contacted you mere days before to do a job for him. The job was outside of Seattle, which isn't common, but it's not incredibly rare. He shipped your equipment via an independent contractor 2 days ago, and tomorrow he was supposed to provide transportation for you to your target location. Tonight you got a call from him - expecting details on the transportation. Instead of details though, you got a "request" for a meeting.
11:19 am
[incyr]
Update
Alright people-

Here's how things stand. phaedra_amunet just dropped out, due to time commitments, and I haven't heard back from urthstripe321 either, so we're just going to start the game as is.

Our roster, as it currently stands, is:

jphotog as a Mage
ikkarus01 as a Street Samurai
vectorb as a Rigger
avatrix as an Adept

This is a pretty good group - a bit heavier on the ass-kicking than I was expecting a few weeks ago, but that's not a bad thing, for a group of runners.

I'll try and post the starting scenerio sometime today.
Wednesday, July 18th, 2007
12:45 pm
[incyr]
Getting closer...
So since monday, I've received vectorb and ikkarus01's characters, and a notice from thunderclap8 that he has decided he won't be joining us, sadly.

That leaves urthstripe321 and phaedra_amunet... any idea when you guys will have stuff for me?
Monday, July 16th, 2007
10:14 am
[incyr]
So we're not starting today...
Due to the lack of characters I have from people. In fact, it's so bad, that I'm going to shout out to avatrix and jphotog as the two people who have gotten me their character sheets.

The rest of you, please get them to me ASAP. If you need help with something, please ask. I want to get this started ASAP, and I can't start it without your guys' characters, for a couple of reasons.
Thursday, July 12th, 2007
10:28 am
[incyr]
Character Status
So as we're trying to get started next week, I'm hoping that I can get some status from ya'll on where you're at with your characters, what help (if any) you need with them, what questions you have, etc. I know at least one person is done, a few are close, and the rest... I'm not sure about.

So if you could please let me know what your status is, and if you expect to be done by this weekend, it'd be appriciated. Also, again, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know that as well.

Thanks,
The Management
About LiveJournal.com